April 21, 2016, Halifax, Nova Scotia – The 2017 Halifax cruise season will officially start April 24 at 4:15 p.m. with the arrival of the Amadea, a Phoenix Reisen vessel. This cruise ship will first berth at Lunenburg at 7 a.m. and will depart for Halifax at noon.
With 173 vessels carrying approximately 274-thousand expected cruise guests during the 2017 season, the Port of Halifax is preparing for the busiest year to date.
2017 Halifax Cruise highlights include:
- Five inaugural calls.
- Over 30 potential shore power connections.
- Four visits from Queen Mary 2 during the 2017 season. Her first call will be June 13.
- One visit from Disney Magic on October 26.
- October 3 is expected to be the busiest passenger day with over 11,000 passengers plus crew expected.
- September 14 is the only scheduled five-ship day.
A complete vessel posting can be found at the Cruise Halifax website at http://www.cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/cruise-schedule/.
Note to reporters – the number of expected vessel calls, inaugural calls and cruise guests for 2017 has been updated.
Halifax Port Authority
Ph. (902) 426-7375