Diversity. Making a great Port better.
Whether its cruise, cargo or leasing opportunities, the Port of Halifax can offer competitive solutions. We’re making a great port better and stretching beyond our boundaries. The world’s largest shipping lines call on the Port of Halifax and connect to more than 150 countries.
We invest in partnerships, people and infrastructure. That’s the Port of Halifax.
All the amenities are standard at the Port of Halifax.
- Dedicated passenger terminals (Pavilions 20 and 22)
- Direct ship-to-shore access with berth space for numerous cruise ships
- Wheelchair accessibility, telephones and washrooms
- Immediate access to buses, taxis and limousines
- Visitor services and shopping available dockside
- A convenient location within easy walking distance of the downtown core
- Wide variety of tour options
- A hundred thousand smiles
For Cruise Ships
Our business is to enhance your business.
- Experienced port offering shore power
- Dedicated on-site Halifax Port Authority staff facilitating efficient cruise operations
- Deep draft (40′ at the Halifax Seaport)
- Minimal tidal variations averaging only four and one-half feet (1.5 meters)
- Significant investment in a fendering system and bollards to handle the world’s largest vessels
- Tugboat services available; pilotage is compulsory
- Bunkering available dockside by truck at specific berths
- Safe and secure port
- Capability of handling turnaround calls